Popular Posts

Friday, June 8, 2012

Regain your Footing

As I set down to type out a few thoughts my mind is racing to the thought "Regaining your footing".  I love to go hunting in the mountains of Idaho.  In preparation for my hunt the first thing I do is get out my hiking boots, dust off the storage bunnies, chase out the spiders and mice, inspect the souls, laces, and put the boots on my feet.  I want to make sure they will still get me through the hunting season.  I cannot help but think about how we prepare for our daily routine.  In most cases our shoes or boots are the last thing that we put on as we race for the door.  Our shoes are very important for us as they will carry us through the day.  I often have thought as my wife gets home from a long day at the office the first thing she does is get her feet out of the fashion shoes she has worn all day.  If, while preparing for a hunting trip I took fashion shoes I would not get out of camp without my hunting buddies laughing me to scorn or secondly my feet would start hurting and toes cramping. The right footwear is important for the task.  One time I decided to wear comfortable tennis shoes hunting.  I thought I would hike in style, I quickly realized I was in trouble and it would not work.  My ankles had no support, dirt and debris went into the shoes causing more irritation, my hike was cut short. 
In life we must have the adequate shoes so we can keep walking forward.  The Bible tells of the "Armor of God" in which one item mentioned is the Shoes of Peace. How appropriate it is as a believer that has come to faith in Jesus to walk in the peace of God.  Have you slipped lately?  Have you lost your footing? I would encourage you to put on the shoes of peace.  It is the Peace of God that passes understanding.  I may not understand why I am peaceful with all that is going on, however I rejoice that as I walk in the peace of God, I will REGAIN MY FOOTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment