Popular Posts

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pastor Jim Powell Medical clinic update

Great Thursday to you.   Well ok Friday,  As I started writing this email blast, I must admit I did the thing Idaho Men are passionate about this time of Year.  Hunting, you guessed it.  I went hunting for the day and did not get the blast out so here you go on this Friday Blast…
 As I write this week Blog my mind and heart are racing due to the fact of all the great things The Lord is doing.   Let me first report that I had a great meeting with the Minidoka County Commissioners on Monday October 17th as I reported on the Free Medical Clinic.  The official Name we are going with is Mini-Cassia Community Medical Clinic.  The Media was present at the commissioners meeting which in turn was the top story in the Times News on Tuesday.  It is a humbling venture that is much bigger than Mountain View Christian Center.  It will require the entire two county communities to take ownership.  However the mission statement from Mountain View Christian Center will be the focal point of this clinic, “Love God, Serve People”.   We are in the final stages of establishing the boards of directors and to let you all know 4 of the 6 members will be from MVCC. Please continue to pray for our executive director Nancy Gerrard as she guides us through the issues. 
On Tuesday October 18th we had another great food giveaway. Under the direction of Chris Bean and her team it was the most organized event we have hosted to date.   In addition to just giving out food a nutrition class was presented by the University of Idaho Extension program.  Hundreds of People took advantage of this program.  We had approximately 300 families that were the recipients of the food which included, fresh fruit, vegetables, canned goods, meat, bread, eggs, and several frozen items such as potatoes, vegetables and more.  I was the one giving out a bag of frozen veggies and had way too much fun as I ask for a smile from each of the people.  I Love the People of this community.   While the food giveaway was going on the Paving crew was busy with the Parking Lot on the West and South Side of the church building.  May I now report that we have a Paved parking Lot, Paid for by the faithfulness of you all.  I have a striping company that will be here Friday so it will be ready on park on Sunday morning. 
The fall ministries are in full swing, with the start up of the long awaited “Love and Respect Series” that will begin October 27th at 7:00 p.m.  Come join us for dinner as our Chef Richard Sizemore prepares a wonderful meal each week.  He starts serving at 6:00 p.m.  The Love and respect series will be taught by Rick and Shawna Krause, We have a workbook available for each person for the cost of $6.00 per book.  It will be a great time for all.  Come and be a part.  We have child care available for all ages so bring the kids and join in the fun. 
I missed the leadership teaching portion of the blast last week because I got so lengthy.  So here is you leadership tips for the week, taken from John Maxwell’s book Leadership Gold.
THE Best Leasers are good listeners.
1.        Understanding people precedes leading them.
How can you lead if you don’t understand?
2.       Listening is the best way to learn.
3.       Listening can keep problems from getting out of control.
4.       Listening establishes trust.
5.       Listening can improve your organization and family.

One of my favorite verses in the bible is in Proverbs 8:32
“ Now therefore, listen to me, my children, For blessed are those who keep my ways.

This weekend I will be preaching on the book of James.  A book that deals with Trials, the tongue, faith, praying for the sick and more.  After the second service we will be having a time of Baptism.  They are exciting times as we witness what the Lord is doing in people’s hearts and lives.  You will not want to miss Church service this weekend. As you are coming to church be sure to invite a friend to go with you.   

We Love you ,

Pastors Jim & Joy Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment