Popular Posts

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Raking leaves in a wind storm


Good afternoon on this February 23, 2012.   I was thinking this morning about the wind storm that blew through the valley yesterday.  The news reported gusts of up to 52 miles per hour.  I saw the results of the wind as trash was scattered everywhere, trees and debris was strewn over the landscape.  My thought was this as I looked out my back door to find all the neighbors leaves from this last fall in my yard against the house and of course had found their way into our garage.  Did my neighbor purposely decide to rake the leaves into the wind yesterday or was it an act of nature that just happened.  In either case I am left with a mess to clean up.  My thoughts were this.  If we as Christians would take responsibility for our own mess, issues and problems, God would give us the grace to walk through them.  How many of us have currently or in the past just left our mess and prayed for the wind to come up in hopes that our issues would be blown away “in a Miraculous Way”.   In a book that I recently read entitled QBQ, the question behind the question by John Miller, Mr. Miller addresses the issue of personal responsibility how we address it, deal with it or ignore it.  He tells of a story of the gas station attendant who ignored the customer who wanted coffee telling him, the coffee was not his department.  How have we as a society come to this?  It’s not my fault, it’s someone else’s.  At this point could I go to my neighbor and say, hey your leaves blew into my yard so I demand you to come clean up your mess? Do I hope another wind storm comes up and blows the leaves into another neighbor’s yard?  What do I Do?  The real question is, why did my neighbor allow this to happen?  To cut to the chase we all must take responsibility for our actions and not pile our junk on others…. Can I get an amen…. Or ouch…
Some really cool things have happened since last week.  I had contacted a National trucking company in hopes they would donate a refrigerated freezer trailer to our food bank.  The first contact was back in May of 2011.  The director of transportation said that was a possibility however it may take a while so call back.  Well in 2 weeks I called back to hear the same speech.  In 2 weeks I called back to hear the same thing.  I called every 2 weeks since May of last year.  Well the good news is late last week a 53’ refrigerator/ freezer trailer was delivered to Mountain View Christian Center.  It is in amazing shape with great bones, tires and components.  The director of operations and transportation said this, “You got this gift because you were so persistent”.   In addition to this there is a family business in the church that has taken it on themselves to have all the lettering and signage put on the truck.  Wow what blessing.  My theory is we don’t have money problems we have vision problems, because money will follow well managed vision.  One other really cool thing we are working on is a master Platt plan of our grounds, we own 10+- acres.  In a recent board meeting the issue was discussed and passed unanimously and though it was a grand idea. As I told the board I wanted to blend the vision past with the vision present to the vision future. I had a long conversation with Pastor Doyle Fulkes who was the pastor here at MVCC for 21 years and who led the charge to relocate the church to the present site. He had great ideas that we will be able to start the process.  We have employed the number one master planning church architect in the region.  Mark Hillis is a man who I have worked with in my previous life that is gathering data and ready to start the process.  I will keep you posted as to the progress.   
Here is what’s happening at MVCC.
Hope to see you this weekend at service.  Be sure to invite someone to church with you this weekend.
  Be sure to visit our web site… WWW.MvccChurch.org.
We Love you all,
Pastors Jim & Joy Powell
· Feb.27th-ALL church annual “Church business meeting.”
·      Feb.29th-New Wednesday evening classes are set to begin. *Financial          Peace* Ladies discipleship *Study God’s Word!          
·      Feb. 29th-Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey hosted by Steve Lubinski.  Information is available at the information center.  It’s not too late to sign up.
·      March 1st-The Rock & Worship Road Show in Boise.  MVCC  Youth groupwill meet here @ 3:30 & leave promptly.  See Pastor Dan today if you plan to attend.   
·      March 2nd-LOVE & RESPECT classes are set to begin again for those who      missed it last time around.  Every Friday for 13 weeks @ 7p.m. FREE Dinner is served @ 6p.m. (donations are greatly appreciated).  Sign up at the information center today.
·      March 3rd-Courageous Men’s bible study 8a.m.-9a.m. Taught by Pastor Jim Powell.  Please sign up at the information center.  Books are $7 each.
·      Fundraiser-Youth KFC fundraiser!  See Pastor Dan or any youth attendee to get your ticket $10 each!
·      February-is Ladies month to share a testimony of how God is alive in your life, LIVESTREAM with Penne Main.  Sign up at the information center.
·              Sponsor MVCC Bookstore online

No comments:

Post a Comment